From: Deedra Waters <dmwaters@g.o>
To: gentoo-devrel@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-devrel] devrel meeting etc
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 16:19:50
All,

Most of you if not all know why i've been so absent over the past
several weeks. Now that things are settling back down, I want to revisit
the old topic of how devrel handles complaints etc. I've got 1 major
change that i would like to make to the devrel policy for how complaints
are handled.
A lot of people have told me after the fact that having seperate
judicial and investigative branches make things too complicated and the
end result is too much red tape. Some disagree and think that things
won't/aren't too complicated.

Here's what i want to do.

  Basically, for the most part, the transparency of how complaints are
  handled stays the same. The only thing i really want to change, is that
  i think that a commitee of say 3 to 5 people handles a complaint from
  beginning to end. Basically, i think that this is much simpler, and the
  devrel members i've mentioned it to seem to like this idea. The big
  thing for most people is that what ever happens, the transparency needs
  to stay, and i completely  agree there.

  So, 1. I'd like to see some discussion over the next couple of days to
  get feedback, and 2. I'd like to shoot for 1800 UTC on friday for a
  meeting.

  Thoughts?

  Deedra

--
Deedra Waters - Gentoo developer relations, accessibility and infrastructure -
dmwaters@g.o