From: Petre Rodan <kaiowas@g.o>
To: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] Status new selinux reference policy
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 19:58:47
1 Hi,
2
3 On Thu, Apr 13, 2006 at 09:34:25PM +0200, Mivz wrote:
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > I was curious if the new SELinux reference policy is ready for Gentoo?
7
8 no, it's not yet ready. not every policy present in the old sample policy has been translated yet into modules of the new system. plus the selinux toolchain is still a moving target and will need time to mature.
9
10 > I have been working for my graduation project on a SELinux system that uses kerberos
11 > and ldap for user management.
12 > Bug #129795 shows some of the problems I have discovered with the current policy.
13
14 well, the policy is ment to be minimal and to enable basic functionality to a system. it is expected that exotic setups will need on-site policy-related customizations.
15
16 > Now I would like to run the new policy so I won't have to rewrite everything, but I am
17 > afraid it will screw up my system.
18
19 use what we have now in the stable branch please.
20
21 > Could someone inform me on the current compatibility with Gentoo and what I could
22 > expect if I start using it?
23 > Also I would like to know if there is a estimated time on when it will be integrated in
24 > to Gentoo.
25
26 as I said it is not yet ready. the good part is that the upstream policy maintainer is Chris, so we might end up with a much more gentoo-friendly policy then what we had until now ;)
27
28 cheers,
29 peter
32 petre rodan