From: Matt Turner <mattst88@g.o>
To: gentoo-mips@l.g.o
Cc: releng@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-mips] Reducing the number of the MIPS supported stages
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 17:23:13
1 On Mon, May 5, 2014 at 7:06 AM, Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o> wrote:
2 > Hi all,
3 >
4 > Right now the number of stages for each endianness is 8:
5 >
6 > - mips1
7 > - mips32
8 > - mips32r2
9
10 Do we need r1 and r2 stages?
11
12 (Isn't r3 a thing now?)
13
14 > - mips3
15 > - mips4
16 > - mips4_r10
17
18 Big endian only.
19
20 > - mips64
21 > - mips64r2
22
23 Do we need r1 and r2 stages?
26 > ==> 16 stages in total.
27 >
28 > This takes quite a bit of time for all stages to be built (by the time
29 > everything is built, we are one month passed the time the snapshot was
30 > taken). How about stop building stages for mips1, mips3 and mips4?
31
32 How often are you building stages?
33
34 Resources aren't a problem but it takes a month to build everything?
35 Don't you have a 16 or 32-core build system? Cavium gave me ssh access
36 to one that I was planning to build stages on, but I never tried.
37
38 I guess I don't understand the problem you're facing.