From: Patrick Lauer <patrick@g.o>
To: gentoo-project@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-project] Council discuss: overlapping council terms of two years
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 16:33:22
On 08/05/11 15:54, Markos Chandras wrote:
If you have a good idea and carry it forward you can expect it to be ratified within the next council meeting - so with deadlines for discussion items etc. about 6 weeks turnaround time in the worst case. But... for that YOU have to move things forward. Demanding that council makes other people do things is not how Gentoo works. So if you think slacking arches are a problem ... aquire a Mips or Sparc or whatever machine and get cracking.
> Right nobody came with a proper solution yet the problems still exists. > The same problem will probably pop up again in the future, recycling the > previous discussion and go back to sleep again. Someone has to decide > and vote for the least worst solution before the problem goes back to > hibernation, otherwise you are back to square 0. This is no progress
Actionism won't help. If you don't even have a solution either the problem is well defined, very hard to solve or not the right problem to fix (see the whole "let's find a problem so that systemd is a solution" insanity that just won't walk away and leave us alone) And again, if you don't want it to go to sleep work on it, find others that want to work on it, radiate on relevant communication channels (blog, mailing lists, ...) that you work on it. Don't expect others to do things for you. I'm quite happy with the current state, there's lots of users helping with issues if you ask, there's usually a few devs that give at least moral support, and things move as fast as I can keep them moving. What's the problem with that? :) Take care, Patrick