From: Ben Munat <bent@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-server@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-server] email demons...
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 18:11:46
1 Just wanted to ping this once... no one has had their mail server get "stuck" sending the
2 same email over and over?
3
4 b
5
6 Ben Munat wrote:
7 > Hey, has anyone ever had their mail server get stuck sending the same
8 > message over and over? I just had that problem... I think I stopped it
9 > but I'd like to know the cause.
10 >
11 > I have qmail, courier, and vpopmail and one of the virtual domain users
12 > kept getting the same message over and over. I bounced qmail and thought
13 > all was good, but then the torrent started again.
14 >
15 > After a while, it stopped being the original repeated message and
16 > started being just a blank (no headers even) message over and over.
17 > Finally, I bounced courier and qmail and the problem seems to have
18 > stopped.... I hope.
19 >
20 > I've seen "stuck" emails like this at work too... Anyone know what the
21 > cause is?
22 >
23 > b
24 --