From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] To Wifi or not to Wifi...
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 22:16:00
1 On Tuesday 28 Jul 2015 20:35:55 Todd Goodman wrote:
2 > * Meino.Cramer@×××.de <Meino.Cramer@×××.de> [150728 15:31]:
3 > [..SNIP..]
4 >
5 > > Hi Todd,
6 > >
7 > > thanks for all your help and patience... :))
8 > >
9 > > The recursive(recursive(recursive).problem.).problem).problem has
10 > > been solved by rebooting my PC (due to the new kernel) and restarting
11 > > the tablet PC.
12 > >
13 > > Now I am fighting against dhcpd...as sson as I want to start that
14 > > beast its telling me that dhcpd.ldap is missing. This was not
15 > > installed (at least as an example) by emerge. I have no idea what
16 > > is to get into that file.
17 > >
18 > > I will check create_ap...may be it is more intelligent than me in
19 > > writing config-files ;)
20 > >
21 > > But unfortunately I have to stop my journey here for today...it is
22 > > late here (9:00 pm) and I have to get out early tommorrow (4:00 am).
23 > >
24 > > But /I want/ to get this running finally.
25 > > We will see.
26 > > As soon I have something new, I will post more of the contents
27 > > of my harddisk ;)
28 > >
29 > > Best regards and thanks again! 8)
30 > > Meino
31 >
32 > Hi Meino,
33 >
34 > You're welcome. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help (and get this
35 > solved!)
36 >
37 > I'm sure you will eventually.
38 >
39 > Please let us know how it goes once you get back to it.
40 >
41 > Good night,
42 >
43 > Todd
44
45 A lot seems to have been progressed with since I last contributed to this
46 thread. Given that WiFi related problems were solved thanks to Todd's good
47 help, perhaps Meino should start a thread on setting up a local dhcp server?
48
49 However, I would recommend that you set a static route, gateway and IP address
50 on your tablet pointing to the PC and on the PC you configure IP Masquerading,
51 so that it can NAT connections from the tablet to the Internet.
52
53 However, if you must be running a dhcp server, then emerge and configure net-
54 misc/dhcp on the PC.
57 Regards,
58 Mick