From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Don't disable 'introspection'
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2015 20:54:21
1 I don't understand 'introspection' enough to know why we need it, but
2 apparently we do, so don't use the -introspection useflag like I did.
3
4 The trouble I introduced a few weeks ago when I disabled introspection
5 was subtle enough that I didn't realize until yesterday that I even had
6 a problem.
7
8 Portage had been doing mildly insane things that other people were not
9 seeing, so as a test I removed the -introspection useflag and spent the
10 entire day rebuilding packages. My portage problem appears to be
11 fixed. I hope.
12
13 If anyone can splain what introspection does I'd be grateful.