From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Replacement for Thunderbird.
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 12:39:40
1 Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Well, I'm sitting here reading about the lack of thunderbird devel
3 > over the next year or two until the new Mozilla project (or whatever
4 > you wish to call it) gets rolling and I'm wondering, what is a good
5 > replacement for Tbird, specifically for KDE.
6 >
7 > I use Evolution when I'm in GNOME at home, but I've really disliked
8 > it's direction recently. KMail works off and on, but might be
9 > suitable. But are there any others out there not built with gtk+ so I
10 > don't have to compile all that just for one app?
11 >
12 I appreciate all the input. I've used Kmail in the past, but since I
13 mostly connect to our IMAP Exchange server (yeah I know, it's going away
14 soon) I've had trouble with it. Speed isn't an issue as it runs quite
15 fast. I was rather hoping there were more KDE-based alternatives out
16 there. Maybe I'll write my own. :)
20 Mark Haney
21 Sr. Systems Administrator
22 ERC Broadband