From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: USB Scanner Problems with Newer Kernels/Libusb
Date: Sat, 09 Nov 2013 22:57:34
1 Hi,
2
3 On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Barry Schwartz
4 <chemoelectric@×××××××××××××.org> wrote:
5 > Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net> skribis:
6 <SNIP>
7 >> IMHO, those folks at freedesktop.org are going to destroy the simplicity,
8 >> beauty, and diverse utility of Linux.
9 >
10 > Yes. Particularly distressing because they are completely neglecting
11 > GNUstep, which is an existing _thoughtful_ attempt to reconcile
12 > Unix/GNU with an integrated desktop non-Unix folk would find familiar.
15 There's no question that the two of you have forgotten more about
16 Linux than I'll even know but I don't really worry too much about
17 Frank's original worry. I sort of feel that the kernel will always be
18 the kernel and everything that gets piled on top sort of seems to take
19 care of itself in the end. If freedesktop.org goes down a path where
20 it gets too complicated then I believe\think\hope some other group
21 will step forward quietly, fork that portion of our beloved world and
22 go do the right thing.
23
24 Then again, I'm probably naive, but I can at least hope... :-)
25
26 - Mark