From: David Bryson <mutex@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:10:31
1 On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 01:04:51PM -0400 or thereabouts, Paul Smith wrote:
2 > I wanted to use my own linuxrc in the initrd of my livecd (zoinks!)
3 >
4 > Unfortunately there doesn't appear to be any way to do that in Catalyst;
5 > shouldn't there be a livecd/linuxrc option available in the Catalyst
6 > config?
9 > I tried to just add a --linuxrc=<filepath> flag to the
10 > livecd/gk_mainargs option, but of course that won't work because
11 > genkernel is run from within a chroot to livecd-stage1, where my
12 > linuxrc, at <filepath>, doesn't exist... so it doesn't work. Catalyst
13 > will need to copy that file into the stage1 directory and pass the
14 > --linuxrc option to genkernel.
15
16 I was the one who implemented that patch for genkernel, and I specifically
17 implemented it for use with catalyst.
18
19 You just need to have some process for introducing the linuxrc into
20 the catalyst chroot during the build process(which is what I did).
21 The code for doing this is in the embedded build type(which I also
22 wrote), so you just need to add those bits to the livecd_stageX
23 module.
24
25 Can't wait until rocket makes the code less redundant ;-) then we
26 won't have these problems.