From: Paul Smith <psmith@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-catalyst@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-catalyst] Overwriting linuxrc
Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 17:18:32
1 %% David Bryson <mutex@g.o> writes:
2
3 db> I was the one who implemented that patch for genkernel, and I
4 db> specifically implemented it for use with catalyst.
5
6 db> You just need to have some process for introducing the linuxrc into
7 db> the catalyst chroot during the build process(which is what I did).
8
9 OK. I think it's good that genkernel has that option, definitely.
10
11 But it seems to me like it would be much cleaner from a Catalyst
12 perspective (and certainly simpler for the user) if there were a
13 Catalyst option that took a filename, then Catalyst would handle putting
14 that file into the chroot and adding --linuxrc to the argument list of
15 genkernel pointing to that file.
16
17 No?
18
19 db> The code for doing this is in the embedded build type(which I also
20 db> wrote), so you just need to add those bits to the livecd_stageX
21 db> module.
22
23 Hm, sorry for my noobie brain, but I didn't grok that sentence :-)
24
25 What's "the embedded build type" and where would I set about looking for
26 it?
29 Thanks!
33 Paul D. Smith <psmith@××××××.com> HASMAT--HA Software Mthds & Tools
34 "Please remain calm...I may be mad, but I am a professional." --Mad Scientist
36 These are my opinions---Nortel Networks takes no responsibility for them.
37 --
38 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list