From: Michael Kohl <citizen428@g.o>
To: gentoo-catalyst@××××××××××××.org
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2005 21:58:31
1 On Wed, 12 Jan 2005 15:06:49 +0100
2 Jacques Landru <landru@××××.fr> wrote:
3
4 > Is there an archive of this gentoo catalyst mailing list?
5
6 Nice guy that I sometimes am, I just created one for you using
7 Hypermail:
8
9 http://dev.gentoo.org/~citizen428/hypermail/gentoo-catalyst/
10
11 If people like this I'll try to periodically update it until zhen comes
12 up with his final solution.
13
14 > B) As this liveCD will be used in a pedagogical computer lab, I would
15 > like it to boot as a generic user, instead of the root. I don't want
16 > the student having superuser rights on the real host (student will
17 > have superuser rights in the usermode virtual machine). What is the
18 > best way to do a "user livecd" with catalyst ?
19
20 Chris already mentioned using fsscript in the livecd-stage2. For an
21 example of what can be done have a look at the script dertobi123 created
22 for the LiveCD he did for LWE Frankfurt:
23
24 http://www.gentoo.de/viewcvs/gentoo-de/live-cd/fizzlewizzle/fsscript.sh
25
26 Regards,
30 Michael Kohl <citizen428@g.o>
31
32 GnuPG key: 0x90CA09E3/4D21 916E DBCE 72B8 CDC5 BD87 DE2D 91A2 90CA 09E3
33 --
34 gentoo-catalyst@g.o mailing list