From: foser <foser@g.o>
To: gentoo-desktop-research@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer's Target user group
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 00:47:45
On Fri, 2004-01-23 at 20:14, Scott Koch wrote:
> I think the target should be users that are "new to Gentoo" switching > from other linux distributions.
Yes maybe, probably coming from MDK, RH or Suse, those are usually pretty fresh linux users. What i really meant to say was that the people wanting a GUI installer are the same ones that have little actual linux knowledge (the 'i want it to be simple and just work' people) and not the more geekish crowd that Gentoo on the other side attracts. Those like their installs as it is, with the full power that comes with it. They don't want spiffy UI tools that only hide whats really going on. So you only have to target the first group. - foser -- gentoo-desktop-research@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer's Target user group Scott Koch <scootersmk@×××××××××.net>
Re: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer's Target user group Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
RE: [gentoo-desktop-research] Installer's Target user group Steve Barnhart <sbarnhart@××××××.com>