From: Robert Piasek <robert@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Make the "policykit" USE flag global
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 14:21:42
1 Hi,
2
3 On Wednesday 18 March 2009 13:12:45 Olivier Crête wrote:
4 > Hello,
5 >
6 > use.local.desc:app-admin/gnome-system-tools:policykit - Use
7 > sys-auth/policykit to gain privileges to change configuration files
8 > use.local.desc:app-admin/system-tools-backends:policykit - Use
9 > sys-auth/policykit to gain privileges to change configuration files
10 > use.local.desc:gnome-extra/gnome-lirc-properties:policykit - Use
11 > sys-auth/policykit to gain privileges to change configuration files
12 > use.local.desc:gnome-extra/gnome-power-manager:policykit - Enable
13 > sys-auth/policykit authentication support
14 > use.local.desc:media-sound/pulseaudio:policykit - Enable support for
15 > PolicyKit framework.
16 > use.local.desc:sys-auth/consolekit:policykit - Use the PolicyKit
17 > framework (sys-auth/policykit) to get authorization for
18 > suspend/shutdown.
19 >
20 > Feel the trend? gnome-base/gnome-panel will follow soon. Lets make this
21 > global. Unless we decide that PolicyKit is the future and make it
22 > compulsory).
23 >
24 > If no one complains, I will make the changes in a couple days.
27 I think it would be also good idea to add policykit support and finally unmask
28 it. It seems some packages have hardcoded --without-policy-kit / --without-
29 policykit and some others add policykit to package.use.mask (btw can it be
30 unmasked by user from portage level??).
31
32 I've been playing with policykit for a while now and never had any real
33 problems with it. I would gladly help to support it by default.
34
35 Thanks,
36 Rob