From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Cc: peter@×××××.se
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC: fsmove to profiles/updates
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 13:58:51
1 On Tue, 7 Aug 2012 15:10:35 +0200
2 Peter Stuge <peter@×××××.se> wrote:
3
4 > Rather than adding a prompt for the user to have to care about
5 > (everyone will answer yes all the time or no all the time anyway)
6 > I suggest that the action be made easy to undo, so that when
7 > something breaks it is possible and indeed easy to roll it back.
8 >
9 > Not so easy to say what else must be rolled back together with the
10 > fsmove!
11
12 I don't think that's possible. Much like with other kinds of updates,
13 the packages in the tree would be updated to install in the new
14 location anyway.
17 Best regards,
18 Michał Górny