From: Vitaly Kushneriuk <vitaly@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] system-logger
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2001 07:06:42
1 I'm not sure we want Gentoo became a "do this and that and you'll get
2 linux running" distro for dummies.
3 SA using Gentoo SUPPOSED to know what is syslog and which one he likes.
4 You realy should do some web research if you don't know which one to
5 use. It will only help you to better understand your system.
6 That's the main idea of installing Gentoo : to know your system and have
7 only stuff you want. So basic installation should install only
8 "THE MUST" components, leaving the rest to SA to decide.
11 Vitaly.
12