From: "Michał Górny" <mgorny@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC pre-GLEP] Gentoo Git Workflow
Date: Sat, 09 Sep 2017 07:47:33
1 W dniu pią, 08.09.2017 o godzinie 17∶19 -0400, użytkownik Rich Freeman
2 napisał:
3 > On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 4:05 AM, Michał Górny <mgorny@g.o> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > What do you think about it? Is there anything else that needs being
6 > > covered?
9 > FYI - if anybody does want to make any comments on the proposed
10 > devmanual changes to implement the new tags please comment at:
11 >
12 > https://github.com/gentoo/devmanual.gentoo.org/pull/72
13 >
14 > For that matter, if you want to even know what the proposed changes
15 > are you should also visit the link.
16 >
17 > List replies seem to be discouraged.
18 >
19 > I realize that some prefer to limit comments to media that are purely
20 > open source. I guess the FOSS Linux kernel provided /dev/null still
21 > exists as an alternative. Honestly, I'm not sure which of the options
22 > are more likely to get read.
25 TL;DR: Rich, I would really appreciate if you stopped the flamebaits.
26 I understand that you think you're doing Gentoo a favor but you're not.
27
28 The footers were discussed to death in this very thread. I've heard your
29 opinions. However, as far as I'm concerned (and as I've pointed out) you
30 did literally *nothing* to push your ideas forward for 2+ years.
31
32 Since I've done all the work, I've did it my way and for the reasons
33 I've explained multiple times. If you disagree, them I'm sorry but
34 in life you don't get to have everything your way. Especially if all you
35 do is complain and expect others to do the work for you.
36
37 I understand that you're unhappy and since you have no valid arguments,
38 all you can do is try to get more people to support you and shout.
39 Revive the bikeshed as many times as possible, try to make a lot of
40 noise and block changes. Worst case, you've blocked something you didn't
41 like. Best case, you're finally get others so discouraged that they'll
42 do things your way just so that you stop.
43
44 Rich, this is not a kindergarten. It's time you learn to lose,
45 and accept the consequences. If you can't do that, the door out is open,
46 and you're free to leave anytime you want.
49 Best regards,
50 Michał Górny