From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Conveying important upgrade messages to user community
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 19:01:50
1 · Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2
3 > I meant the nice little einfo, ewarn, and error stuff that portage spits
4 > out that we insert into the ebuilds.
5
6 Which are totally covered by all the other output flying by during a
7 normal emerge.
8
9 > While I understand everyone's need to have their hand held every second
10 > of the day by the whole of Gentoo, it really is not *our* fault when
11 > *you* do actions that prevent you from reading the messages that we do
12 > give you.
13
14 Now, please come on. Do you actually expect anyone to stare at
15 at the compilation output for many hourse, just to catch the
16 message that might be in the output?
17
18 Alexander Skwar
19 --
20 Beggar to well-dressed businessman:
21 ?? "Could you spare $20.95 for a fifth of Chivas?"
27 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list