From: Daniel Drake <dsd@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Looking for help with 2.6 kernel maintenance
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 16:32:43
1 Hi,
2
3 I'm looking to find one or more people to help out with
4 gentoo-sources-2.6 maintenance (our primary supported kernel).
5
6 I'm looking for someone with at least:
7 - Interest in kernel stuff, or a desire to become interested
8 - Time to put towards the tasks
9 - Enthusiasm to ask lots of questions rather than let stuff
10 sit around
11 - Basic experience with bugzilla
12 - Basic kernel experience (i.e. you can compile your own)
13
14 Having knowledge of kernel internals or experience with kernel hacking
15 are not requirements because if you have time, interest and ask a lot of
16 questions then these will come anyway. A lot of the work doesn't involve
17 technical stuff, plus I was certainly very clueless about all this when
18 I originally got involved a couple of years ago.
19
20 Being an existing Gentoo developer is not a requirement. Most of the
21 work is done on bugzilla and via email. This may be a good opportunity
22 to get involved with development and later become a Gentoo developer for
23 those that are interested.
24
25 It's an enjoyable task, you get to interact with a lot of very
26 intelligent people upstream and you end up learning a lot.
27
28 I still intend to continue working on gentoo-sources in large capacity,
29 but would like to be able to have more time to spend on more aggressive
30 regression fixing and upstream kernel development.
31
32 Contact me offlist or on IRC if you are interested.
33
34 Thanks,
35 Daniel
36 --