From: Sven Vermeulen <swift@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] tentative x86 arch team glep
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2005 17:02:28
1 On Sun, Sep 04, 2005 at 10:39:44PM +0100, Stuart Herbert wrote:
2 > At the moment, the only way for a package maintainer to mark a package
3 > stable is to mark it stable on a "real" arch. Creating the "maintainer"
4 > arch solves this very problem.
5
6 Yes, but please don't call it the "maintainer" arch. This will confuse our
7 users and it'll be quite difficult to document. I would rather vote for a
8 MAINTENANCE keyword, like the following example:
9
10 MAINTENANCE="~x86" # Maintainer uses x86, package not deemed stable
11
12 This provides two (wanted) inputs: stability and maintenance architecture.
13
14 And it keeps backwards compatibility.
15
16 Wkr,
17 Sven Vermeulen
20 Documentation project leader - Gentoo Foundation Trustee
21
22 The Gentoo Project <<< http://www.gentoo.org >>>