From: Stuart Herbert <stuart@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - apache start page.
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 19:46:31
1 On Monday 24 May 2004 22:07, Grant Goodyear wrote:
2 > I like the new page, but we've always prided ourselves on the fact that
3 > we provide our packages pretty much the way the package developers
4 > intended.
5
6 I think Apache's worth making a special case out of. Our user-base is
7 changing, and is becoming less experienced than the early adopters.
8 Providing an initial homepage that points them at useful documentation (that
9 they may not even realise is available to them) would help these new users
10 find their feet.
11
12 Best regards,
13 Stu
14 --
15 Stuart Herbert stuart@g.o
16 Gentoo Developer http://www.gentoo.org/
17 http://stu.gnqs.org/diary/
18
19 GnuPG key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
20 Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319 C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C