From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Kernel sources thread
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 18:12:40
1 [ argh! resend to list this time... yay for inconsistent mailing list
2 headers and a few strange people who get upset with Cc:s :) ]
3
4 On Sun, 18 Jul 2004 13:53:52 -0400 Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
5 wrote:
6 | Do we have a plan to deprecate devfs or do we plan to support both
7 | udev and devfs indefinitely? If we can get some agreement on how
8 | profiles should be handled in the future (referencing our previous
9 | thread on static profiles and things like GLEP19), I think it would
10 | make sense to standardize on udev going forward.
11
12 Well, that can't happen across the board until 2.6.x works on
13 everything. OTOH, it'd be nice if we started suggesting udev (without
14 that wretched tarball hack) for anyone running 2.6.x. Aside from one
15 rather nasty 64bit-related b0rkage, udev's been doing very nicely.
18 Ciaran McCreesh : Gentoo Developer (Sparc, MIPS, Vim, Fluxbox)
19 Mail : ciaranm at gentoo.org
20 Web : http://dev.gentoo.org/~ciaranm