From: tchiwam <tchiwam@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.org
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo/Cygwin?
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:13:59
1 Patrick Dawson wrote:
2
3 > Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
4 >
5 >> Does anyone have any information on what Gentoo/Cygwin is? Who is in
6 >> charge of this, and is it really at the stage where we should be
7 >> recruiting people to work on it? I'm *extremely* wary of the idea of
8 >> this kind of thing being committed without prior discussion -- there's
9 >> far more difference between anything we currently have and Cygwin than
10 >> there is between osx or bsd and linux-gnu, and we know how much work
11 >> those two are already...
14 > I think Patrick Lauer is the only one who's actually doing stuff with
15 > Gentoo/Cygwin at the moment, so ask him. Judging by the extreme lack
16 > of activity on the gentoo-cygwin list, I don't think it's nearly at
17 > the stage where recruitment should start.
20 I would think this port would potentially open the biggest market to
21 gentoo, and the scariest one too...
22
23 In order I would say:
24 -Learn about OSX and "system provided services"
25 -Take a look at the BSD and OSX to see if there is QC things that would
26 be usefull to bring over.
27
28 Unless there is a team really needed it, I would wait until the 2 point
29 have stabilised and feel comfortable.
32 Tchiwam
33 --
34 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list