From: Ulrich Mueller <ulm@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] [RFC] Removing the distinction between UNCONFIRMED and CONFIRMED bugs
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2022 12:14:41
1 >>>>> On Sat, 03 Dec 2022, Ulrich Mueller wrote:
2
3 > Some people found that not satisfactory, so NEW and ASSIGNED were
4 > replaced by CONFIRMED and IN_PROGRESS. (We also had status REOPENED
5 > which was removed with the same change.) Unfortunately, I cannot find
6 > the old discussion, but [1] suggests that the change took place in 2011
7 > or before.
8
9 In 2011, actually. Discussion is here:
10 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/a22baae8830ca806684da98ce7698206
11
12 "Right now, it seems logical to use UNCONFIRMED for the new bugs and let
13 devs (re-)confirm them as necessary.
14 I think it might be even a good idea to limit the possibility of setting
15 'CONFIRMED' to devs. Otherwise, I see users bumping each of their bugs
16 to 'CONFIRMED' immediately."
17 https://archives.gentoo.org/gentoo-dev/message/33e6f39fbfafe95c18c563b12c61d9f0