From: Alexander Gretencord <arutha@×××.de>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of GLEP 16
Date: Sun, 02 May 2004 12:43:26
1 On Saturday 01 May 2004 16:10, Brandon Hale wrote:
2 > > * domenu[12_] has to be included in portage to be used by the ebuilds to
3 > > install a desktop entry
4 > Also, from further discussions with foser on the topic, I get the impression
5 > that the idea is to throw the current ability to edit the menu to my taste
6 > out the window and go for a menu generated completely by .desktop items.
7
8 If this is really the case I'm all against the proposal. Easily generated
9 menus desktop icons or whatever is great for Joe Average or else he won't
10 find the apps but this MUST NOT (see RFC2119) make it impossible for me to
11 edit my menus the way I want.
12
13 Also does a Desktop Entry really mean desktop or menu or both? I like my
14 desktop to be clean (no icons on it at all, except those the stupid WM always
15 puts back and I haven't bothered to really get rid of). There will be some
16 use flags to control what the "desktop entry" can do, right?
19 Alex
22 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list