From: Wernfried Haas <amne@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting Important Updates To Users
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 09:07:18
1 4) Forums. We have the News and Announcements box on the forums and we
2 will set sticky threads upon request. In fact we even stick threads
3 and posts announcements if we encounter something worth mentioning
4 in our opinion. Since we may not notice everything feel free to
5 contact us in case you have some information worth sharing.
6
7 Wrt to Chris' email i think the GWN is a good source of
8 information and currently seems to feature most important things. If
9 some people think that's not enough and someone steps up to do a RSS
10 feed, news on the Gentoo website or whatever, it would of course be a
11 good move, too. Setting up a centralized contact that forwards that
12 information to website, mailing lists, forums, GWN, etc could be useful.
13
14 The most important thing in my opinion would however be to release
15 important information more actively. If a problematic update is ahead,
16 information about it should go through all channels before users
17 experience problems. Since the maintainer knows best, he should be the
18 one contacting the others to release the information. Again, a
19 centralized contact would be helpful here since the maintainer does
20 not need to contact everyone and their mother then.
21
22 cheers,
23 Wernfried
26 Wernfried Haas (amne) - amne at gentoo dot org
27 Gentoo Forums: http://forums.gentoo.org
28 IRC: #gentoo-forums on freenode - email: forum-mods at gentoo dot org
29 --
30 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list