From: Erik Swanson <gentoo-dev@××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFC - apache start page.
Date: Mon, 24 May 2004 15:22:21
1 On May 25, 2004, at 6:17 PM, Chuck Short wrote:
2
3 > We are thinking of changing the layout of the apache start page
4 > for the apache ebuilds. The current idea can be found:
5 >
6 > http://dev.gentoo.org/~zul/apache/
7 >
8 > If you have any comments to make. Please feel free to do so.
9
10 I like the idea, but I'd appreciate being able to turn it off with
11 something like USE="-branding".
12
13 'branding' is a global use flag I'd like to see implemented that would
14 toggle all branding (logos/artwork, custom themes, mentions of gentoo
15 in a package's build info, etc...) of packages. I do think such a flag
16 would belong in make.defaults because branding is a reasonable thing to
17 do by default and even I would only want to turn it off in a few cases.
18 (Examples of branding I'd like to turn off are the gnome splash screen,
19 qmail's banner, the apache banner on error pages, and of course this.)
20
21 ---
22 Erik Swanson
23 Note: non-list emails to this address are automatically discarded due
24 to excessive spam!
28 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list