From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Pushing to distfiles?
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2020 00:38:51
1 On Wed, Nov 11, 2020 at 7:23 PM Joshua Kinard <kumba@g.o> wrote:
2 >
3 > Forgive me for being a dunce, but what is the current procedure to push
4 > files to distfiles for distribution to the mirrors? The devmanual is blank
5 > on this topic, and GLEP75 just talks about the motivations behind the change
6 > away from the flat directory format. I am not easily finding anything that
7 > details how to get new distfiles onto the mirrors.
10 I thought that the whole mirror:// thing was discouraged. For
11 anything else you just stick SRC_URI in the ebuild and the mirrors
12 should fetch it when they see it in the repo.
13
14 I just host stuff like that on my dev webspace, or better yet on
15 github or something else that will auto-tarball stuff.
18 Rich