From: Dylan Carlson <absinthe@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Proposal: patches.gentoo.org
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:41:34
1 On Tue October 12 2004 15:09, Chris Gianelloni wrote:
2 > The proposal is to get infrastructure to provide a temporary location
3 > for developers to upload patches which are necessary to be immediately
4 > available to users.  This space would be writable by all CVS developers
5 > and would be accessible to the world via http.  Developers would use
6 > this space for temporary storage only for patches which are
7 > created/rolled in-house.
8
9 Here here.
10
11 Regardless of what we agree the pathname should be, it's a good idea.
12
13 I'd also like to see a naming convention of patches established. (crowd
14 moans: "not more red tape!") OK, perhaps more of a guideline/best
15 practices than a requirement. Right now I don't believe there is one...
16 is there? It would be refreshing to look at that patch repository and see
17 clarity and consistency in naming, as that will be a large listing of
18 files.
19
20 Cheers,
21 Dylan Carlson [absinthe@g.o]