From: Steve Long <slong@××××××××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Re: Resignation
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:42:51
1 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 10:29:29 +0200
3 > "Ioannis Aslanidis" <aslanidis@×××××.com> wrote:
4 >> > The real point is that bug-wranglers has lost over 50% of it's
5 >> > effectiveness, again imo. jakub and spanky are the two main guys,
6 >> > and it's not just the loss of jakub's prodigious work-rate, which
7 >> > kept a lot bugs from even reaching devs, but the loss of his
8 >> > influence on QA which is a complete disaster for gentoo.
9 >>
10 >> Add +1 to that.
11
12 <snip examples of bad behaviour>
13 > ...does anyone want another few pages of that kind of thing? Devrel has
14 > for once gotten something more or less right. Perhaps people should be
15 > thanking them instead.
16 >
17 You're ignoring the point made about the amount of bugs Jakub kept away from
18 devs, and the loss of his influence on QA. Quoting examples of his bad
19 bahaviour doesn't change the fact that it is unacceptable for devrel to
20 discuss his case without involving him.
21
22 Please note this is not the same as discussing a complaint with the
23 complainant, prior to discussing a dev's behaviour as a team. And no, I
24 don't want pages more; I agree Jakub can be difficult. But at least he is
25 difficult in the cause of achieving something real and positive for gentoo.
26
27 And from the comments of others, *he gets the result*.
28
29 It's not just me that thinks there haven't been any major b0rkages for
30 nearly a year. Could it be that maybe, just maybe, the development process
31 has actually worked /better/ since you were forcibly retired?
35 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list