From: Marius Mauch <genone@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Per-category and per-package eclasses
Date: Mon, 25 Apr 2005 13:23:26
1 Dan Meltzer wrote:
2 > I can see the use for a category one, but I can see no point for a
3 > package-local one, if you're going to have it specific for one
4 > package, why not just put it in the ebuild, and have no eclass at all?
5
6 Actually I'd say the opposite: There is definitely a use for
7 package-local eclasses, however I don't see the point for category-local
8 eclasses (especially as that would very funny to get it working).
9 Example for package-local eclasses? Whenever you define a function in an
10 ebuild that isn't version specific.
11
12 Marius
13 --