From: Mike Gilbert <floppym@g.o>
To: Gentoo Dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Adding slot and subslot deps to others' packages
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2014 19:45:01
1 On Sun, Mar 2, 2014 at 1:09 PM, Jeroen Roovers <jer@g.o> wrote:
2 > Honestly, setting up a tracker and blocking it with bugs about packages
3 > which someones-sub-SLOT-checking-script has vetted to be involved could
4 > be done in less than a day (for the hundred or so packages that depend
5 > on dev-libs/libgcrypt). It doesn't need some QA team to study in depth
6 > -- it needs a couple of volunteers to do the checks and file the bug
7 > reports.
10 Unless I have missed mgorny's point here, this isn't just about
11 libraries that have currently subslots. This is about every single
12 library in the tree.
13
14 That's a LOT of bugs. I guess filing bugs is doable if we handle a few
15 libraries at a time. However, it would be nice to avoid the repetitive
16 "paperwork" and just let people get the job done.