From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev <gentoo-dev@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Informations about Systemd Stage3 Image and Systemd profile
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2017 20:05:10
1 On Sun, Oct 22, 2017 at 3:41 PM, Geaaru <geaaru@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >
3 > So, my first question is why dependency to openrc is not inserted to a
4 > specific profile and so when is configured a systemd profile is
5 > possible prepare a pure systemd environment without openrc package ?
8 My understanding is that openrc is pulled in because of bug:
9 https://bugs.gentoo.org/504116
10
11 For the most part you can remove openrc if you just ln -s
12 /lib/gentoo/functions.sh /etc/init.d/functions.sh
13 I've had openrc in package.provided for ages with no issues with that hack.
14
15 That isn't necessarily 100% safe, but I suspect that anything that
16 breaks with that symlink will probably also break if openrc isn't
17 running.
18
19 It looks like just about everything on that blocker is on its way to
20 resolution at this point, so this will hopefully be fixed in due time.
23 Rich