From: Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Possibility of overriding user defined INSTALL_MASK from an ebuild?
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 14:47:39
1 On 28/02/14 16:18, Tom Wijsman wrote:
2 > On Fri, 28 Feb 2014 15:28:30 +0200
3 > Samuli Suominen <ssuominen@g.o> wrote:
4 >
5 >> It would be very helpful if INSTALL_MASK could be overriden from an
6 >> ebuild, ...
7 > What is the intended goal? Can you give an example?
8
9 - User has INSTALL_MASK="/lib/systemd"
10 - Ebuild has INSTALL_MASK_OVERRIDE="/lib/systemd/systemd-udevd
11 /lib/systemd/network"
12 - Portage's default is to respect ebuild first, then users setting,
13 unless he changes INSTALL_MASK_ORDER to respect his
14
15 I completely agree using INSTALL_MASK is 100% responsibility of the user
16 setting it, it's like blind 'rm -f', but some people
17 don't agree and keep attacking me.
18 I'm using the word attacking because it's constant, relentless,
19 repeating and I don't see an end to it. I believe Poly-C just
20 proofed that point in this thread.