From: Dave Shanker <dshanker@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Getting Important Updates To Users
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2005 20:58:44
1 What about Portage auto generating a upgrade file
2 (/usr/portage/notices (like it does with it's cache) and then
3 providing a notice at the end of an emerge than lets the user know
4 it's there and how to read it. We could even provide a switch in
5 portage to read the file and display the notices (emerge
6 --readnotice).
7
8 Regards,
9