From: hasufell <hasufell@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo git workflows and the stabilization/keywording process
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 14:25:15
1 Tobias Klausmann:
2 >>>
3 >>> If this should really turn out to be a problem, then we could also:
4 >>>
5 >>> 4) Replace git's default merge driver by our own one that is better
6 >>> suited for ebuilds. This can be done per repository via .git/config
7 >>> and .gitattributes.
8 >>>
9 >>
10 >> Certainly that would be even more helpful!
11 >
12 > Still, all of these scenarios cause merge commits
13
14 No.
15
16 1. git pull --rebase=preserve origin master
17 => error: could not apply <commit>... <commit-msg>
18 2. fix conflicts via 'git mergetool' (e.g. meld or vimdiff with 3 panel
19 view... very easy to see what happened)
20 3. finish rebase via 'git rebase --continue'
21 => your unpushed keyword commit has been rewritten without a merge commit
22 4. push
23
24 That is pretty easy and takes you ~20s for a keyword merge. What's the
25 problem?