From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Change layout of distfiles
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 18:21:55
1 Daniel Ostrow wrote:
2 > Hrm, /me thinks you are missing something there, almost the entire tree
3 > doesn't explicitly state the mirror://gentoo SRC_URI, portage handles that
4 > automatically. That being the case portage would have change so that the
5 > automatic lookup was mirror://gentoo/${firstchar}/. So that is at least one
6 > portage change I can think of being required....
7
8 Huh? What does it state then? AFAIK ebuilds should ALWAYS use the
9 mirror:// URI when possible, and since this change is only affecting our
10 own mirrors, it is always possible.
11
12 > Sure I can still see your point about needing to manually change the packages
13 > that do explicitly state mirror://gentoo in their SRC_URI, but given that you
14 > would have to do the above anyway....
15
16 Huh?? My point was that we shouldn't have to change all those ebuilds
17 but instead just changing the mirror://gentoo-mapping.
20 Kind Regards,
21
22 Simon Stelling
23 Gentoo/AMD64 Member