From: Fredrik Jagenheim <humming@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-dev@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Dist name...
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 10:43:29
1 On Wed, Aug 07, 2002 at 02:57:14PM +0200, Alexander Gretencord wrote:
2 >
3 > Well for some ppl now that someone tried to push the GNU/ part onto Gentoo
4 > it's this kind of "no, not after this" feeling :) This doesn't bring us
5 > anywhere it's not the users decision anyway.
8 Oh, but let's make it a users decision. I propose a new flag in USE
9 that will let the user name the system 'GNU/Linux' or 'Linux' or
10 'Gentoo GNU/Linux, the best dist for politically correct power users'.
11
12 Now, let's flame over what the default should be. ;)
13
14 No, I'm not serious. Unless it's about code.
15
16 //Humming, pondering if he's naming it GNU/Linux because he used GNU
17 tools to build it, should he then name his Great Novel after the
18 typewriter? ;)