From: Andrew Gaffney <agaffney@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Re: Why isn't /root/.bash_profile in the stage tarballs?
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2007 20:10:52
1 Steve Long wrote:
2 > Great. What exactly? How does fulfilling the user requirement with vapier's
3 > solution mess up catalyst?
4
5 This is the the first time I've heard of a user requesting this change. It seems
6 to me that many people prefer to *not* have a .bash{rc,_profile} in /root, which
7 is the way it's always been. Why not just add the ability to copy these files
8 with 'emerge --config' to certain ebuilds, and then add a note to the handbook
9 telling users to run the command if they want to?
10
11 Even better, just tell the users to run 'cp -a /etc/skel/* /root/' if they
12 really want the stuff, and not modify any ebuilds at all?
15 Andrew Gaffney http://dev.gentoo.org/~agaffney/
16 Gentoo Linux Developer Catalyst/Installer + x86 release coordinator
17 --
18 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list