From: Ciaran McCreesh <ciaranm@×××××××.org>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo's problems (was: Introducing the Proctors - Draft Code of Conduct for Gentoo)
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:39:02
1 On Wed, 14 Mar 2007 23:22:55 +0100 expose@×××××××××××.net wrote:
2 > I cannot agree on the Genstef-thingy, nor can I proof you wrong, but
3 > I'd be please if in general such things could be done anonymous as it
4 > is in some way FUD and might fuel flames...userrel and userreps are
5 > there to be talked to about such things.
6
7 Well that's my point. Userrel and userreps have nothing to do with such
8 things. And although QA and devrel can, in theory, take action, it
9 isn't happening.
10
11 > > * The wrong idea of what the user base is
12 >
13 > That this can be fixed in a relatively short time of concentrated
14 > working by a single person has been proofed yet. (It has not been me.)
15 > Why not just do it?
16
17 All that we'd find out is the kind of user that actively follows
18 requests for information and responds to them. Gentoo currently doesn't
19 have a way of interacting with all the other users out there...
22 Ciaran McCreesh
23 Mail : ciaranm at ciaranm.org
24 Web : http://ciaranm.org/
25 Paludis, the secure package manager : http://paludis.pioto.org/