From: Chris Gianelloni <wolf31o2@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Agenda [WAS: One-Day Gentoo Council Reminder for June]
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 01:50:31
1 On Sun, 2008-06-15 at 15:50 +0100, Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > Do you think that the differences between the proportion of patches
3 > from 'Paludis people' that are accepted or rejected and the proportion
4 > of patches from 'Portage people' or 'Pkgcore people' indicates a
5 > problem?
6
7 Nope. What I see as a problem is that the primary author and current
8 de facto maintainer is so much of an asshole that he was forcibly
9 removed from the Gentoo project, which PMS is supposed to be written
10 for, and has ostracized (at least) one of the package manager's
11 development team with his constant not-so-subtle attacks. Quite
12 frankly, I'd prefer see Gentoo take control over the specification that
13 defines the most important single feature of Gentoo and remove the
14 non-Gentoo developers from its development. No offense, but you're not
15 a Gentoo developer any longer and you shouldn't have a say in how *we*
16 manage ourselves. You're more than welcome to contribute code, fork, or
17 whatever the hell you want. This is open source, after all, but that
18 doesn't mean you should be allowed to hold the position of power over
19 Gentoo that you've been granted.
22 Chris Gianelloni
23 Release Engineering Strategic Lead
24 Games Developer