From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] RFI: A better workflow for github pull requests
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2015 21:20:05
1 On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 22:13:30 +0100 Ciaran McCreesh wrote:
2 > On Mon, 14 Sep 2015 00:07:26 +0300
3 > Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o> wrote:
4 > > On Sun, 13 Sep 2015 20:21:02 +0200 hasufell wrote:
5 > > > On 09/13/2015 07:56 PM, Andrew Savchenko wrote:
6 > > > > Gentoo workflow should not depend on a proprietary tools like
7 > > > > github issue tracker and github pull requests.
8 > > >
9 > > > It doesn't. That's what this thread is about, so people who refuse
10 > > > to collaborate on github PRs can still collaborate on bugzilla.
11 > > >
12 > > > Also, in case you don't know, the github issue tracker is
13 > > > _deactivated_.
14 > >
15 > > I'm aware of that, but from this thread I see that some people are
16 > > trying to activate it. I hope this will never happen.
17 >
18 > But Gentoo is about choice!
19
20 Yes, but as long as choice of core components and infrastructure is
21 free one. Read Gentoo Social Contract:
22
23 https://www.gentoo.org/get-started/philosophy/social-contract.html
24
25 "However, Gentoo will never depend upon a piece of software or
26 metadata unless it conforms to the GNU General Public License, the
27 GNU Lesser General Public License, the Creative Commons -
28 Attribution/Share Alike or some other license approved by the Open
29 Source Initiative (OSI)."
30
31 What actually happens now is that several individual are trying to
32 undermine this concept and to tie Gentoo to the proprietary
33 metadata. And some point this dependence will become irreversible.
34 It is a pain for me to see that several developers under disguise of
35 "community" and "integration" are trying hard to make that happen,
36 step by step.
37
38 Best regards,
39 Andrew Savchenko