From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Proposed changes to base profile for Gentoo/ALT
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:14:05
1 As I'd like to get sooner or later (better sooner) the profiles for
2 Gentoo/FreeBSD in main tree, I've synced the fake base profile in gentoo-alt
3 overlay with the one in the tree. Unfortunately there are things in base that
4 are linux-specific, so they, IMHO, should be moved in default-linux.
5
6 The attached patch is the proposed changes, they are mainly linux-specific
7 userland that does not work outside of Linux-based systems, but there are
8 also some GNU-specific packages like which that we don't use.
9
10 I would have some other changes for virtuals, but they are less important
11 right now.
12
13 Obviously if this is going to be applied the missing packages should be added
14 to the packages of default-linux and other linux profiles that does inherit
15 from base.
16
17 Comments?
18 --
19 Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
20 Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE

base-alt-changes text/x-diff