From: "Diego 'Flameeyes' Pettenò" <flameeyes@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Proposed changes to base profile for Gentoo/ALT
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2005 12:14:05
As I'd like to get sooner or later (better sooner) the profiles for
Gentoo/FreeBSD in main tree, I've synced the fake base profile in gentoo-alt
overlay with the one in the tree. Unfortunately there are things in base that
are linux-specific, so they, IMHO, should be moved in default-linux.

The attached patch is the proposed changes, they are mainly linux-specific
userland that does not work outside of Linux-based systems, but there are
also some GNU-specific packages like which that we don't use.

I would have some other changes for virtuals, but they are less important
right now.

Obviously if this is going to be applied the missing packages should be added
to the packages of default-linux and other linux profiles that does inherit
from base.

Comments?
--
Diego "Flameeyes" Pettenò - http://dev.gentoo.org/~flameeyes/
Gentoo/ALT lead, Gentoo/FreeBSD, Video, AMD64, Sound, PAM, KDE

base-alt-changes text/x-diff