From: Joonas Niilola <juippis@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Disturbing state of arch testing in Gentoo
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 06:26:31
1 On 7.11.2022 8.07, Oskari Pirhonen wrote:
2 > On Sun, Nov 06, 2022 at 11:37:24 +0100, Piotr Karbowski wrote:
3 >> I would be in favour of stepping up the social contract and actually
4 >> prohibiting this kind of things, we had that before too, the nattka you
5 >> mgorny wrote is replacement for old bugzilla bot that was ...
6 >> closedsource and perished, though nattka now have way more features than
7 >> the old thing ever had.
8 >
9 > As a user, I think it would be really cool if there was a requirement
10 > that all infra and infra-adjacent stuff was free software.
11 >
12 > I feel like I've read that Debian already has something like this. While
13 > doing some quick searches I didn't find a full-on requirement, but all
14 > their infra bits I did find were powered by free software. The most
15 > relevant ones being buildd [1] and debci [2]. Additionally, the debci
16 > docs has inctructions on reproducing tests yourself [3] which is a nice
17 > extra IMO.
18 >
19 > [1] https://buildd.debian.org
20 > [2] https://ci.debian.net
21 > [3] https://ci.debian.net/doc/file.MAINTAINERS.html
22 >
23 > - Oskari
24
25 I _believe_ ago's tinderbox isn't being paid by the GF _anymore_ due to
26 this reason, but he keeps it running with his own expenses. I don't mind
27 this as long as the results are desirable and not phony. I still see a
28 lot of value in most of ago's work.
29
30 It is unfortunate we don't get to see the engine behind and copy it,
31 since I'd be really interested in using his automated bug search /
32 report tool. Even tattoo (https://github.com/arthurzam/tattoo) lacks
33 that at the moment.
34
35 -- juippis

OpenPGP_signature.asc application/pgp-signature