From: "A. Khattri" <ajai@××××.net>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-dev] Which license?
Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2006 18:26:13
1 Im working on an ebuild for a package and Im not sure what license to use.
2 The package is Copyright Company "X" but has this underneath:
5 ## This software may be freely copied, modified and redistributed
6 ## without fee for non-commerical purposes provided that this license
7 ## remains intact and unmodified with any distribution.
8 ##
9 ## There is no warranty or other guarantee of fitness of this software.
10 ## It is provided solely "as is". The author(s) disclaim(s) all
11 ## responsibility and liability with respect to this software's usage
12 ## or its effect upon hardware, computer systems, other software, or
13 ## anything else.
14 ##
17 Last time I looked, there were some 800 or so files in
18 /usr/portage/license/ - so which one would I use?
23 Aj
24 --
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list