From: James Harlow <james@××××××××××××××.nu>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Portage suggestion
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 13:04:00
1 On Fri, Feb 13, 2004 at 01:54:53PM +0100, Spider wrote:
2 > > I suggest verifying that you can manually compile licq without kde,
3 > > and then posting a bug on bugzilla. Repeat as required until all the
4 > > packages you use are useflag-enabled.
5 >
6 > I keep seing threads like this cropping up at a regular basis, both here
7 > and on bugzilla. However, the small issue most people who file those
8 > bugs overlook is reliability.
9 >
10 > Here's the point, we can easly remove the dependency on esd, and if the
11 > code works, okay. However, then you have an untracked dependency when
12 > esd -is- installed but set as USE="-esd" , as it will be needed, but not
13 > listed as such.
14
15 Sure. I'm implicitly assuming that the --without-esd ./configure switch
16 does the right thing, which obviously needs to be tested. But it's a
17 pretty simple test.
18
19 That's what you were referring to, right?
22 When a true genius appears in the world, you may know him by this sign, that the dunces are all in confederacy against him. - Jonathan Swift
25 gentoo-dev@g.o mailing list