From: Gregg <gregg@××.am>
To: gentoo-dev@×××××××.com
Cc: gregg@××.am, gentoo-dev@g.o, gentoo-user@g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Upgrade, course of action.
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 00:25:02
1 Everyone keeps telling me how brave I am. I have to say, it doesnt seem
2 that way to me. Ive got a second drive (exact mirror of the first, same
3 size) rsyncing every night (over to another server). That is my current
4 backup solution. I havent had to go to it once. Since I set this up as a
5 server and started getting these users I havent had a single outage that
6 wasnt a problem with power (we had 2 real bad storms over the last month
7 that took out power for 5 hours each, my UPS only does 3 hours tops for
8 the 3 systems it runs.) Other than that, it has run flawless, and you
9 want brave. emerge -up world shows nothing right now. It is as up to
10 date as possible without gcc 3.2. Not a single problem.
11
12 Gregg