From: Markos Chandras <hwoarang@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] Retiring
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 14:06:59
1 On Tuesday 05 May 2009 16:50:47 Richard Freeman wrote:
2 > Markos Chandras wrote:
3 > > Even a "volunteer-driven" organization needs some "standard" rules in
4 > > order to survive. From time to time this "volunteer" moto is what some
5 > > people consider as "anarchy"
6 >
7 > As far as survival goes - I think the rumors of Gentoo's death are
8 > greatly exaggerated. I certainly agree that we need standards, but as
9 > far as I can tell those exist.
10 >
11 > I don't see developers putting QA violations into the portage tree left
12 > and right. For the most part I'd say the level of abuse in bugzilla is
13 > down and continues to trend down. Sure, manpower is limited, but the
14 > solution to that isn't to tell the people who are here to "work harder
15 > or quit" (which means quit) but instead to recruit more help.
16 When,how,and who is going to write down a list of possible "recruitment
17 hunting" actions? There is too much chit-chatting around but nobody (
18 including me of course) is daring to propose actual solutions and proposals
19 > Arch
20 > teams seem to be generally doing a good job keeping up with STABLEREQs
21 > on the major archs - if you use a minor arch that isn't as well
22 > supported I'm sure we'd be happy to have more help.
23 Arch teams, according to their project pages, are in a good shape. Major
24 arches have enough people ( assuming that the project pages are up2date )
27 Markos Chandras (hwoarang)
28 Gentoo Linux Developer [KDE/Qt/Sunrise/Sound]
29 Web: http://hwoarang.silverarrow.org