From: Donnie Berkholz <dberkholz@g.o>
To: gentoo-dev@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-dev] devs on IRC (was :Regen2 ( was QA Overlay Layout support ))
Date: Fri, 13 Mar 2009 18:09:06
1 On 19:06 Wed 11 Mar , Thilo Bangert wrote:
2 > > > the presumption seems to be, that as a dev one has to be available
3 > > > via IRC. it has long been my feeling that Gentoo as a project
4 > > > could realize more of its potential by better integrating people
5 > > > who dont do IRC.
6
7 I think IRC helps to build a more tightly knit community and, because of
8 this, is very important to Gentoo. The less close we are as a community,
9 the more free we feel to be hostile because we don't see the folks on
10 the other end of the big tube as real people. It's much like a technique
11 that militaries use during wars to de-personalize the enemy, except with
12 the Internet, we start that way and have to apply effort to grow closer.
15 Thanks,
16 Donnie
17
18 Donnie Berkholz