From: Brian Kroth <bpkroth@××××.edu>
To: Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>
Cc: gentoo-hardened@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-hardened] kernel upgrade problems: bad page state
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:19:30
1 Natanael Copa <natanael.copa@×××××.com>:
2 >
3 > On Sat, 2007-11-17 at 09:26 -0600, Brian Kroth wrote:
4 > > pageexec@××××××××.hu <pageexec@××××××××.hu>:
5 > > > so i figured it all out, a new pax test is waiting for you in my test dir.
6 > > > i can now run cactid forever without triggering the bad page message, i
7 > > > hope it'll work there as well ;-).
8 > >
9 > > Been running cactid non-stop on this as well as other services for the
10 > > past couple of days without a single complaint, so I think it's pretty
11 > > stable.
12 >
13 > thank you very much for your hard work on this nasty bug.
14 >
15 > any chance to get this fix into gentoo portage?
16 >
17 > -nc
18
19 I can make a new ebuild tonight or tomorrow, but someone else would have
20 to approve it. Also, I did this test on 2.6.23.1, so I'd have to run
21 the test again against 2.6.22 if people are unwilling to bump that high
22 yet. I think pageexec said that nothing changed on his end between
23 2.6.22 and 2.6.23.
24
25 Later,
26 Brian